Replacing windows in your home can be a big investment, and they can transform how your entire home looks. Not to mention how new windows can improve your home’s energy efficiency. Providing the correct measurements is critical so that your new windows fit correctly and operate efficiently. The team at Master Seal can help answer any questions you have about how to measure accurately for window replacement. Call 855.608.1580 today to learn more about our professional window installation.
Measuring for Window Replacement
Have you ever heard the carpentry expression measure twice, cut once? Well, the same idea holds with measuring windows. Measure more than once to confirm your measurements are accurate. If you have multiple windows in a room that should all be the same size, measure each individually because there could be slight differences in the measurements. The last thing you want is to provide the wrong measurements when investing in new windows. Here are the steps to ensure your window measurements are correct.
- Check to see if windows are square by measuring from corner to corner
- Measure window width from the left jamb to the right jamb in the top, middle, and bottom of the window
- Measure window height from the sill to the top of the window opening
- Don’t forget to measure the exterior window openings for storm windows, too, if needed
- Measure for window screens and take into consideration the screen channels a new screen will have to fit into
If all else fails, call on the experts to help you ensure you have accurate measurements. Experienced contractors like the team at Master Seal can measure, select, quote, and install new vinyl replacement windows for you at a fair price.
Hiring a Window Installer
If you’ve decided that measuring and installing new windows is not something you want to do on your own, then give the Master Seal team a call, and we can walk you through what to look for in an installer. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for professional window installation:
- A fully licensed professional
- Good reviews
- Willing to provide a free estimate
Be sure to ask friends and family for referrals if they’ve used an installer and have had a good experience. If they’ve had a bad experience, that can be helpful too, so you know what businesses to stay away from.
The Benefits of Vinyl Replacement Windows
Increased energy efficiency is probably the number one reason people choose to replace their older windows. Studies show that most heat and air conditioning loss in homes is through your windows and doors.
Additional benefits of replacement windows include:
- The airtight insulating chambers and highly insulated glass units give you the energy efficiency to keep your home temperature regulated year-round.
- Vinyl replacement windows are highly durable as they are made with fully extruded vinyl frames and sashes that will not chip, peel, crack, or warp.
- Color is formulated right into the vinyl, so the windows look new over time and never need painting or staining.
- Safety features like double locks and limited sash opening prevent children’s safety hazards and provide safety from intruders.
- Tilt-in sashes for easy cleaning.
Master Seal Can Help With Replacement Windows
The Master Seal team is well versed in all kinds of windows. We’ve been in the business for 30 years, specializing in vinyl replacement windows. Let us help guide you through measuring the right way so that you choose the right windows that work for your home and your needs.
We offer a variety of window types, including:
- Vinyl replacement windows
- Glass block
- Garden windows
- Bay windows
- Bow windows
Give the Master Seal team a call today at 855.608.1580 to get started with replacement windows.