Replacing the windows in your home is a big decision. Whether you are trying to replace them yourself or want to hire a professional, consider some things before making any choices. As a homeowner, you may only have to go through the experience once in your lifetime, so you want to do it right. Master Seal can help with window replacement in the greater Baltimore and Washington D.C. areas.
Finding a Trusted Contractor to Replace Your Windows
The first step in getting your windows replaced is researching contractors who can do a professional job for you. Even if you think you can take on the job of installing them yourself, it’s worthwhile to talk to a contractor, get an estimate from them, and make a decision about how much work you can do or not.
If you are not sure where to start, ask for referrals. Your friends and family, and even social media, can offer you suggestions of people they have used or have had bad experiences with. Make sure to read online reviews and ask to see a portfolio of work. A good contractor will even offer references so you can speak with past clients about their experience. Ask contractors if they will do a complimentary consultation and provide a no-commitment estimate.
How to Get Your Windows Replaced
Once you know who will be installing your windows, it’s essential to stay organized. Your organization can help keep the expectations clear on your end and the contractor’s end. Plan out what you need to prepare for before the installation, during the installation, and after your new windows are in. Many contractors, like Master Seal, offer one-stop shopping by offering a selection of windows for sale, delivery, and installation.
Here are some tips to prepare for the process of having windows installed:
- Measure existing windows or have a contractor measure
- Select your new windows
- Set a date for installation
- Check in with the installer before the big day
- Clear rooms of furnishings near windows
- Remove any window treatments
- Ensure you have plans for children and pets to be out of the way on installation day
- Make arrangements to be at home during the process so you can handle any issues that come up in person and be able to check in on progress with the contractors
- Offer the work crew water or snacks
- Ask to walk through with the install team lead so you know what to expect
- Be present but trust in your contractor and don’t hover
- Do another walkthrough with the contractor to ensure the work is as you expected
- Check finish work like re-installation of trim moldings and any exterior siding that may have been necessary
- Make sure the install team has cleaned up, and no tools are left behind
- Be sure to leave an honest customer review for the contractor
- If you had a good experience, refer the contractor to others
It’s important to note that window replacement can be a multi-day process depending on how many windows you are replacing. Contractors will have to remove old windows, prep the window openings, install new windows, and complete any finish work necessary. A good install team will leave the job site cleaner than they started.
Give Master Seal a Call to Get Your New Windows
When you know it’s time for replacement windows, the crew at Master Seal is ready to help you pick windows and complete your installation. Trying to handle window replacements yourself is a big job, and it can be wise to have experts do the work. The Master Seal team can complete replacement window installation in no time. Check out our customer testimonials and our portfolio to see our work in Baltimore and Washington D.C.
There has never been a better time to shop for new windows, so give the Master Seal team a call today at 855.608.1580.