The choice to make a significant change to your home is important. A well-chosen addition or renovation can drastically increase your retail value, aesthetic appeal, and functionality. One such impactful change to consider is installing bay windows.
For information and a price quote on this type of installation in the Baltimore, MD, area, contact Master Seal in Rosedale. We provide a range of window and door options and top-quality installation services. Call 855.608.1580 or reach out to us online to get started.
What’s the Process and Timeline for Installing a Bay Window?
The first step in adding a beautiful bay window to your home involves gathering information. You’ll want to carefully consider what part of your home will serve best for the addition. Be sure to find out where your wiring and key structural elements lie within your walls if you plan to expand on any existing openings. You should then call local purveyors for estimates.
Next, you’ll either take measurements of the space yourself or, more likely, schedule a home visit with a contractor. Given bay windows’ complex, three-dimensional structure, measurements are relatively elaborate. Unless you’re very skilled at home renovation, it may save time and money, in the long run, to bring in a professional to make sure the measurements are correct and complete the first time around.
The timeframe for a bay window installation itself varies depending on several factors. For instance, extra time and labor are needed to create the larger space if you’re using a part of your wall that does not already have window openings large enough for the desired bay window. Likewise, any amount of cutting or assembly needed at your home on the bay window itself will add time. This can be avoided by purchasing a fully prefabricated bay window.
Again, unless you have significant construction experience, hiring a professional team to install a bay window is wise. An informal install that goes well may take an entire weekend, while a professional job can likely be done within a single workday. In either case, at least two people are needed for a bay window installation, given that the pieces are large, likely cumbersome, and will need to be hoisted up onto temporary supports.
What Are Some Benefits of Adding Bay Windows to a House?
There are lots of great reasons to add a bay window to your home, including:
- They increase your interior square footage, thus creating a more open space and a nook that can be used for reading, growing plants, or placing a breakfast table.
- A perfect fusion of classic and modern design, bay windows are aesthetically pleasing. They give your home architectural character from the outside with their unique silhouette. Moreover, the angled panes can catch the sunlight more noticeably than conventional flat panes, adding further sparkle. From indoors, you can also enjoy a much-expanded view of your natural surroundings.
- Due to both their space-expanding and aesthetic qualities, bay windows inevitably add considerable retail value to your home.
- They let in a lot of natural light, brightening your interior, helping to reduce the electric bill, and giving you an easy dose of vitamin D.
- A solidly constructed and well-insulated bay window like the ones available at Master Seal can increase your home’s energy efficiency. Opening the window when the weather is temperate provides a cooling breeze, and keeping it closed when it’s very hot or cold outdoors keeps the heating and cooling bills down.
There are many benefits to bay windows, and it’s important to research to know if they’re right for you and your home.
Boost Your Curb Appeal with Top-Quality Bay Windows from Master Seal
Few aspects of a home make a more significant difference to overall aesthetics and livability than effective and attractive windows. Installing a bay window may be an excellent choice for your next renovation.
If you’re searching for window and door services in the Baltimore or DC areas, contact Master Seal. Our knowledgeable team can help you at 855.608.1580 or via online message.