Sliding doors add tremendous value to your home. Not only are they convenient and attractive, but they also add great practical benefits like increased airflow. If you’re considering adding a sliding patio door to your home in the Baltimore, MD, or Washington, DC, area, contact Maser Seal for a free estimate.
There are many great sliding door trends for your patio, and spring is the perfect time to consider renovating. The window and door experts at Master Seal are eager to give you more information and help you find the ideal solutions for your remodeling needs. Call 855.608.1580 or contact us online to get started.
What Are The Benefits of Adding an Exterior Sliding Door to Your Home?
An exterior sliding patio door can provide many advantages. When the weather is temperate, enjoy a pleasant breeze and better air circulation within your home by keeping the doors open. In the colder months, a well-sealed sliding patio door effectively keeps out the elements while allowing in lots of sunlight. This boost in natural light improves mental health thanks to increased vitamin D and a brighter and warmer interior space.
Since the pandemic, many people have spent more time at home. Creating a seamless continuity between house and yard is thus very on-trend. Realize this premise in your home by adding a convenient sliding glass door to connect your property’s indoor and outdoor portions with effortless grace. Equally ideal for patio parties or a relaxing evening at home, sliding doors immediately create a feeling of increased space and flow.
Sliding doors also maximize space in smaller homes. Where a traditional door takes up space when open, a sliding door does not. They’re thus highly efficient for smaller homes, ensuring you and your family can enjoy all the square footage your property offers while getting more sunlight and a broader view of the outdoors.
What Styles of Sliding Patio Doors Are There?
There are lots of variations on the sliding glass patio door to choose from. Here are just a few of the most basic design options:
- Conventional two-panel — In the most standard sliding configuration, one panel slides against a second when you open the door.
- Stacker — Like the most basic design, panes “stack” on one another in the same spatial plane when the door is opened. Typically, more than two panes are present in stackers, each running on its own track.
- Accordion-fold — In this style, doors with multiple glass panels and beams fold to one side or open in the middle when opened like their name-sake instrument.
- Sliding french style — Where a conventional french door has two panels that open in opposite directions from a central seam, the sliding version of the design features four major glass plates set into the wall next to one another. The main two open flush with the exterior two, sliding against them to create a large opening.
- Pocket door — Perfect for smaller spaces, glass panels slide into hidden “pockets” within the wall when opened.
No matter what sort of door you choose, there’s one out there to suit your style and home.
What Are Some Exterior Sliding Patio Door Style Trends for Spring 2023?
Trends for sliding patio doors this spring include the following:
- Green — That’s “green,” as in energy-efficient! Reduce energy use, save on utility bills, and decrease your carbon footprint with a well-insulated glass patio door. Vinyl and aluminum, primarily, provide excellent insulation for your door frames.
- Unique artistic details — A transparent sliding door need not blend into the proverbial woodwork. At Master Seal, for instance, we partner with Inspirations Art Glass to give you the option to add attractive, customizable, colorful glass insets to your new patio door. Exercise your artistic flare and channel a little prismatic panache into your bedroom, living room, or sunroom.
- Privacy features — Internal blinds are a great solution to the sizeable window-like nature of sliding glass patio doors. Regardless of what style of doors you choose, drop blinds can be mounted on the interior wall, giving you a choice to fully cover the opening when you’d like more privacy indoors.
- Lasting power — Glass and acrylic can be more durable than you might assume. With modern design, proper insulation, and multiple locking options, sliding glass patio doors can be as secure as a conventional aperture.
- Sleek design that highlights transparent elements — Emphasizing the transparency of your new patio door is popular. Consider graceful, slender support elements that give maximum impact to the glass itself.
No matter what your unique style, there’s a sliding door for you.
Get Help Choosing the Perfect Style for Your New Sliding Patio Door at Master Seal
Contact the knowledgeable team at Master Seal for more information about sliding patio door options and installation in the Baltimore area. We’re located in Rosedale, MD, and are available at 855.608.1580 or by email. We look forward to consulting with you about what’s best for your individual home needs.