Window security bars are a great way to protect your home. Sadly, undefended ground-floor windows, in particular, are a major target for burglars, so send a clear message that your house is off limits by adding this strong anti-theft measure to your property today. If you’re in the Baltimore, MD, or Washington, DC area, contact Master Seal in Rosedale at 855.608.1580 or online. Our knowledgeable team can help you determine what security bars are best for your home and give you a price quote. In the meantime, check out these five modern window security bar styles. Home security never looked this good!
5 Stylish Exterior Window Security Bar Options for Your Home
There’s no need to sacrifice style when you opt to make your home safer with high-quality window security bars. While cast iron has long been the material of choice for this important protective feature, steel and certain polycarbonates are also great choices. What’s more, there are endless design options to explore, including:
- Classic: Simple, close-set vertical bars with a small number of horizontal crossing members are a classic for a reason. They provide great security and, thanks to their clean lines, don’t distract from your home’s other great features. These could be a good choice, for instance, if you have a brightly colored entry door that you wish to maintain as a major visual focus.
- Potbelly grille: Some more ornate vertical security bars feature a bump-out at the bottom that allows for a window box to be attached to the sill. This is a great option if you’ve got a green thumb and wish to grow flowers or vines that will poke through or even twine around your new window addition.
- Nature-Inspired: Also beloved by biophiles are bars that are, themselves, inspired by plant life. From swirling vines to leaf and floral shapes, nature-inspired bars can take on a downright sculptural character that adds tremendous beauty to your home’s exterior.
- Geometric: Perfect for homes with modern design aesthetics, geometric bars use square and rectangular patterns. Sleek and trendy, this design option can suggest everything from elegant Japanese screens to attractive masonry, all while letting in lots of light.
- Historic: For a touch of elegance from centuries past, opt for details like spear- or fleur-de-lis-point bars and curving scrollwork. These options can be a great way to highlight the original architectural flavor of an older home.
What Are the Benefits of Exterior Window Security Bars?
There are many benefits to consider when it comes to exterior window security bars. Most obviously, your home will gain a substantial dose of burglar-proofing. Bars can only be removed with specialized tools, noise, and time, and all of these features make them extremely unattractive to would-be burglars. Psychologically, bars send a strong message that your home simply isn’t worth the time and trouble it would take to attempt a robbery.
Beyond the obvious, some Maryland insurers actually lower your home insurance rates with the addition of window bars. Thus, investing in bars now could actually save you money in the long term. Moreover, if you do decide to sell down the line and your area is known for crime, potential buyers may gravitate to your already-updated property.
Finally, bars can give you added security from break-ins while maintaining your fire safety. While some exterior security bars are fixed in place, it is possible to find options with a locking gated design that allows you to use windows for egress in case of fire. You can also explore interior window bar options, which typically include slide-away options as well. Check with your municipality for specific code requirements related to the number and placement of egress points in case of fire.
Learn More About Modern Window Security Bars to Keep Your Baltimore or DC Home Safe
Get more information about stylish and effective window security bar options in the Washington, DC, and Baltimore, MD areas today. Master Seal team members are eager to assist you with any questions you may have about this important and relatively affordable safety measure. Just call 855.608.1580 or reach out to us online for information and price quotes.