If you have a bow window in your home, you may wonder about the best window treatment option. Bow windows are unique in that they protrude from the wall and often have multiple panes of glass. This can make finding the right window treatment a bit tricky. But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Bow window treatments can be hard to find, especially if you’re looking for them to be done right. If you’re looking for bow window installation, or treatments for your windows in the Baltimore or Washington D.C. area, contact us at 855.608.1580 to learn more about our services.
What are Bow Windows?
A bow window is a type of window that protrudes from the wall and has multiple panes of glass. Bow windows are often found in older homes, and it can be tricky to find window treatments to treat appropriately.
- The dangers of bow windows going untreated are:
- Rain and snow can enter the window and damage the wall
- The window can become warped or distorted over time
- The window can become drafty and let in cold air
- Energy costs increasing
- Wall distortion and damage
There are a few things to remember if you’re looking for bow window treatments.
- First, you’ll want to ensure that the window treatment can withstand the elements. This means that it should be able to resist rain, snow, and wind.
- Second, you’ll want to ensure that the window treatment can protect the window from becoming warped or distorted.
- Third, you’ll want to make sure that the window treatment can keep the window warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Bow windows can be hard to maintain, so it’s worth finding something that will last and work well for your home.
What are Bow Window Treatments?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing window treatments for bow windows. There are a few different window treatment options that can meet these criteria. One option is to install shutters on the outside of the window. Shutters can protect you from the elements and also add a bit of style to your home. Another option is to install blinds on the inside of the window. Blinds can protect from the elements and also help to insulate the window.
- First, you’ll want to ensure that your window treatment can be opened and closed quickly. This ability to open and close the window is crucial because you’ll likely want to open and close the window treatments often, depending on the sunlight you want in your home.
- Second, you’ll want to ensure that your window treatment is easy to clean. Easy cleaning is especially important if your bow window is located in a kitchen or bathroom, as these are areas where window treatments can quickly become dirty.
- Third, you’ll want to ensure that your window treatment is durable. Durability is essential because window treatments for bow windows can be a bit more expensive than other window treatments. You’ll want to ensure that your window treatment will last for many years.
Fourth, you’ll want to ensure that your window treatment is stylish. This is important because window treatments can be a bit tricky to find. You’ll want to provide that the window treatment you choose compliments the style of your home.
Bow Window Treatments in Baltimore, MD, with Master Seal
If you’re looking for window treatments for your bow window in the Baltimore or D.C. area, contact us at Master Seal to learn more about our services. We offer a variety of window treatment options that can meet your needs. Contact us at 855.608.1580 to learn more.