Spring is just around the corner, and what better way to prepare for the season than with a functional and attractive new window design? Decorating garden windows is a fun way to anticipate the warmer months and a fantastic way to add practical value and aesthetic appeal to your home.
If you plan to convert a standard kitchen window into a garden window in the Baltimore, MD area, call Master Seal at 855.608.1580 or reach out online. Our Rosedale facility is just 30 minutes northeast of the downtown area, and we service Baltimore, Washington D.C., and the surrounding communities.
Why Should I Consider a Kitchen Garden Window Over the Sink?
A garden window is a style of window that protrudes from your home at a 90-degree angle. The resulting cubby-like space can serve as a tremendous additional surface, with further storage possible with the addition of shelves. Garden windows add value to any home by increasing the natural light that enters daily and opening up the space considerably. Popular additions to kitchens and bathrooms, garden windows are often delightful when placed over the kitchen sink or on an east-facing wall to let in the morning light.
A top-quality windows and doors expert like Master Seal can provide you with a garden window that’s durable and designed specifically for your space. This means the new window will be custom fit to your wall thickness. It will also include security features like multi-point locking and energy savers like insulating panes.
There are many great ways to take advantage of a garden window’s unique sloping top glass panel and increased sill depth. Having one in your kitchen (or any room for that matter!) is bound to add natural light and versatility while opening up your space. If doing dishes isn’t your favorite chore, getting an added dose of vitamin D from the sun streaming through a garden window above the sink can make the task much more enjoyable.
Kitchen Garden Window Decorating Ideas for the Spring
Here are a few tips for decorating a kitchen garden window for the coming spring season:
- Take advantage of your widow’s ability to catch the sunlight by filling it with plants. Plants are arguably the best use for a garden window since many varieties require more light than other indoor locations can deliver. For a practical indoor garden, try growing cooking herbs, salad plants, nutritious sprouts, or attractive edible garnishes like violets. Prefer a desert aesthetic? Cultivate a succulent garden on your sill.
- Apply decals to your glass or vinyl panes. Self-adhering decals are affordable, come in almost unlimited colors and designs, and are a fun way to pay tribute to the season. Even better, they help protect local wildlife by giving passing birds a much-needed stop sign when flying too close to your panes.
- Create a keepsakes nook. Your garden window, especially if it’s close to eye level, is a great place to keep small items that bring you joy. While the adage “less is more” is generally true of any window, setting out a few tasteful objects such as a self-affirmation sign, a vase of flowers, or a handful of attractive beach stones can be a great choice.
- Add an uncomplicated window treatment. Simply draping a piece of chiffon, lace, or ribbon around the edges of your window can add cheer to your space. On a gray day, there’s nothing like a pop of color to remind you that sunnier days are coming.
- Create a seasonal miniature scene. Nurture your creative side by treating your garden window as a tiny gallery installation space. Visit your local craft store for dollhouse furniture, clothespins, little easels, figurines, and more to create a tribute to what you like best about the spring season.
No matter how you decorate your space, what’s important is that it’s special to you.
Learn More About Garden Window Design and Installation in the Baltimore Area by Contacting Master Seal Today
Enhance the beauty and functionality of your space with an attractive garden window. Sure to be a talking point with guests, this architectural element is an excellent choice for any spring kitchen renovation. Learn more about options for garden windows and other window and door upgrades in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C., areas by contacting Master Seal. Call 855.608.1580 or reach out online to connect with one of our knowledgeable service representatives.